In Blum: Layering for Fall
The cooler temps have been a welcome change. We're starting to look towards some fun fall activities around the corner. And the holidays don't feel all that far away anymore. To celebrate the new season, MBI Designer Brielle Allen has rounded up her tried and true tips for layering a home for cooler weather with a mood board of her favorite trends for fall/winter 2017.
How to layer in cozy, beautiful elements for fall:
- Layering new throw pillows in a space is an inexpensive and easy way to transition into the fall season. Pillows with a knitted or sweater-like feel are a perfect way to cozy up a room.
- Tis' the season for throw blankets! As it gets colder outside, try adding a new basket with throw blankets to your living space. A blanket basket adds texture and dimension to the side of a sofa, and is also practical! If floor space is tight, layering a throw blanket on a sofa or chair works well too!
- Transition your front stoop into fall by adding a new door mat and some potted fall plants. Layering door mats with a flat weave or woven rug under the traditional door mat is a neat look that adds dimension and interest!
- Bring the outside in! As it gets colder outside, it's nice to layer in some greenery indoors with a wreath or boxwood plant!
- Accessories are always a great way to get your home ready for a new season! Start with the dining table and try layering a burlap runner with some pumpkins, gourds, and candles on top!
Happy fall decorating!!