In Blum: Winter Welcome
As the trees turn and the weather brings us inside we give thanks for the time to gather with friends and family. As we enter the season for holiday entertaining here are a few of Erin’s suggestions and favorite finds to make your home festive, warm and welcoming!
- Whether faux or fresh try decorating the entryway with evergreen garland, a wreath, or holiday planters to make the outside of your home as jolly as the inside.
- Shortened days and longer nights make the use of twinkle lights all the more magical. It’s amazing how a few lights can create a welcoming ambiance on a dark night or seen through the window.
- Pick a color scheme for your seasonal decor; with so many ways to decorate for the holidays a color scheme will give continuity and move the eye from one space to another. The use of gold or silver with an accent color for example is an easy way to pull together a Christmas tree, fireplace mantle and dining tablescape.
- When sizing your tree it should be proportionate to the room while still being impactful. For smaller spaces one can place the tree on a table or in a decorative planter, urn or basket to add presence.
- The use of pillows or a throw in tartans, wool, or fur and other heavy textures is a great way to bring added warmth to your living spaces.
- Deck the beds with winter linens. The change in seasons is the perfect time to bring out heavier blankets, cozy down comforters and sweater throws. A few suggestions might be to use tone on tone winter whites in lush textures for the Master or to have fun with seasonal flannels in the kid’s rooms. A neutral duvet with a touch of deep cranberry or evergreen can add just the right detail to a guest bedroom.
- Everyone has their favorite traditions. It’s important to remember that sometimes all that is needed to create a festive atmosphere is the right company and a little holiday music!